June of 1955 in Liberal, Kansas, Herman Brier and Betty Hale opened a small instrument repair shop, that also sold sheet music and accessories. In a year they had outgrown their little shop and moved into a larger location on Kansas Avenue. By the early 60’s space was again tight and they moved once again to the present location at the corner of 5th and Kansas Avenue. Many other music stores have come and gone over the years, family members have joined in the business, some have passed on. Still, they have kept on being the leader in Southwest Kansas and the Oklahoma Panhandle for budding musicians as well as seasoned veterans.